Home | home
Events | Training Opportunities | National Incident Management System (NIMS) | All Terrain Res-Q | Res-Q Trailer Field Training Exercise Information | EMT's Information and Tips | Officers 2017 | Duty Rosters and Schedules | Weekly Duty Roster | 2010 Calls | 2012 Calls | 2013 Calls | 2014 Calls | 2015 Calls
National Incident Management System (NIMS)
At the April General Membeship meeting we talked about NIMS training and the requirement for everyone to have these certifications. Below are the directions to follow to be able to take the courses required online.
1. follow the link below http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.aspx
2. members- take Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100 and National Incident Management System ( NIMS) An Introduction IS-700.
Duty officers- take those listed above and ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents IS-200 and National Response Framework, An Introduction IS-800.
Chief Officers - Intermediate ICS for expanding incidents ICS-300 and Advanced ICS for Command and General Staff, ICS400
are needed as well. These two classes are taught locally by Emergency Mangement Agencies and not available on line.
3. Once you click on a class in on the right side will be a link under the title Take this course clink on this link
4. Once you have taken the course click on the Take Final Exam Online
5. Once you pass print out your certificate and place a copy in the information update box
Please be aware that each class will take at least an hour and that you can not save and leave!