Home | home
Become a Member
Scottsville Area Residents, Retirees, and Veterans!
Volunteers Needed NOW!
THE SCOTTSVILLE RESCUE SQUAD!
How Can You Help Us?
We have a dire need for volunteers to assist our organization. Even if you're not interested in being an emergency provider, you can provide a valuable service to your community through SVRS. The following opportunities exist:
Emergency services provider (EMT), Trauma Technician, or Paramedic.
Emergency vehicle operator (Ambulance driver)
VEHEXT (Vehicle Extrication)
If you're not ready to jump into Emergency Medical Services at the
patient-care level, or if you are too busy to complete an EMT-B class,
then we have a great option for you!
We would value your contribution
as a driver responding with our crews.
Training includes the Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC)
and certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Duty shifts are flexible, and training
is free to volunteers.
Levels of Membership
· Full: requires a time commitment of 12 hours per week
· Associate: requires a time commitment of 20 hours per month
· Support: assists with special functions such as administration, vehicle maintenance, building maintenance, etc.
Benefits of Membership
· Free driver, EMS and Extrication training
· Free Hepatitis B and influenza vaccinations
· Free passes for Albemarle County Parks and Recreation facilities
· Fitness and wellness programs and equipment
· Personal property tax discount (Albemarle County residents)
· Free county vehicle decal (Albemarle County residents)
· DMV Rescue Squad license plates
· Federal and state deductions
· Accident, health, and line-of-duty insurance
· University of Virginia Community Credit Union membership
· Preferred Pricing Program (vendor discounts)
Ready to get started with your EMS career with
Click below to apply on line:
Volunteer Service Application (PDF file)
The above document requires Adobe Reader. Download it here for free.
For more information on membership please contact:
Vice President, Gloria Newton
Monitoring a patient's vitals on the Life Pak 15
Crew preparing an Ambulance for a night shift
Scottsville Rescue transferring patient to Pegasus on Scottsville Road
Potential Member Resources
· Volunteer Information Guide (PDF file)
· Volunteer Benefits (PDF file)
The above documents require Adobe Reader. Download it here for free.